- RSS Channel Showcase 7219725
- RSS Channel Showcase 4721715
- RSS Channel Showcase 9395524
- RSS Channel Showcase 3784573
Articles on this Page
- 05/03/17--15:02: _Patched or Not, Mas...
- 05/14/17--13:20: _Xbox Successfully N...
- 06/08/17--19:04: _Open Worlds and Foo...
- 07/09/17--09:36: _Xbox’s Kid-Friendly...
- 08/04/17--17:02: _Xbox Mines, Ranches...
- 09/09/17--00:58: _Xbox Floors It Thro...
- 10/04/17--19:16: _Xbox Left the Thril...
- 10/31/17--22:30: _2017 Gift Guide: Be...
- 11/14/17--14:37: _Xbox One X Gets Shr...
- 12/05/17--11:49: _Swords, Rhythm, Flu...
- 12/21/17--08:56: _The Xbox One X, Mic...
- 01/10/18--13:25: _Xbox Rings In 2018 ...
- 02/07/18--06:23: _Xbox Pulls Ahead Wi...
- 03/09/18--12:35: _Xbox Lagging Behind...
- 04/05/18--15:48: _Xbox Springs Into A...
- 05/14/17--13:20: Xbox Successfully Navigates May With Star Wars, Arcade Gold Freebies
- 06/08/17--19:04: Open Worlds and Foot Chases Hallmark June’s Xbox Games With Gold
- 07/09/17--09:36: Xbox’s Kid-Friendly Games With Gold For July Aren’t Exactly Ultimate
- 08/04/17--17:02: Xbox Mines, Ranches, Whips Its Hair in August’s Games With Gold
- 10/31/17--22:30: 2017 Gift Guide: Best Video Games of the Holiday Season
- 11/14/17--14:37: Xbox One X Gets Shrug-Worthy Games With Gold Freebies At Launch
- 12/05/17--11:49: Swords, Rhythm, Flux Capacitors in Xbox’s December Games With Gold
- 02/07/18--06:23: Xbox Pulls Ahead With Twists on Racers, Stealth in Feb’s Gold Games
- 03/09/18--12:35: Xbox Lagging Behind with March’s Not-So-Brave Games With Gold
- 04/05/18--15:48: Xbox Springs Into Action With April’s Games With Gold Adventures
Development of Mass Effect: Andromeda — at least, the creative thoughts behind it — likely began shortly after the release of Mass Effect 3 and the divisive reception that its ending received. Yeah, yeah: alarm bells go off at just the mentioning of that ending, but hear this out. Long before BioWare telegraphed the culmination of […]
On one side of Microsoft’s free downloads for Games With Gold subscribers in May, we’ve got two recognizable names – for wildly different reasons – who have had their gameplay styles massively updated for the current era of gaming, both of which feature female lead characters. The other side, however, is dedicated entirely to the […]
The freedom of roaming around vast spaces earned popularity a few console generations ago with fine-tuned releases of the Elder Scrolls and Grand Theft Auto videogames, but that desire to explore and simply wander has grown in popularity as the years have gone by, almost becoming an expectation of larger budget games. The June offerings for the […]
Microsoft traditionally holds their Ultimate Game Sale for their Xbox consoles during the month of July, offering a huge number of titles at discounts that range from making games immediate purchases to, well, earning little more than a shrug. Deals can be had, but subscribers frequently call out Microsoft for the sale not being more […]
Last month’s Games With Gold took an uncharacteristically disappointing turn for Xbox consoles, offering up games similar to previous month’s freebies and others with less-than-stellar reputations. The positive to this, of course, is that the following month will automatically appear better and more satisfying by default … right? Microsoft puts that assumptions to the test […]
The release of Microsoft’s new Xbox console, the One X, will be arriving in just a few short months, and the Games with Gold freebies available for the month of September suggest that the folks in green would prefer for the time between now and then to just … kinda speed by. Two racing games […]
Overlap can be a death knell whenever these monthly free games for subscription services are announced, yet that’s the grounds the Xbox digs into with these Games With Gold offerings for October, in a few different ways. In one area, for the One, they’re offering a visual-novel style of experience that was featured prominently in […]
Hard to deny that gaming has reached a point where open-world exploration has transitioned from being not just worth touting as a feature in a game, but an objective and necessity for many single-player experiences out there. One might view that as something negative, but this also comes with two strong positives. For one, […]
The release of a new iteration of their current-gen console, the Xbox One X, makes it difficult to figure out how Microsoft should handle their free Games with Gold for the month of November. Should they offer a handful of glitzy games that’ll flex the muscle of the X’s graphical prowess and make new subscribers […]
Last month saw the release of the new iteration of the Xbox One console, the X, as well as an indifferent foursome of Games With Gold free offerings to accompany it, flexing little of the new console’s muscle. December shares a few similarities to the previous month: another Telltale experience, another blast of nostalgia with […]
Typically, the experience of buying a launch console falls into two categories. Under most circumstances, this momentous occasion involves a from-scratch videogame system with an entirely new body and series of jacks to plug stuff into, along with massively upgraded graphical capabilities and – both a positive and a negative – the process of getting […]
There’s no shortage of action to be found in Xbox’s Games with Gold offerings for January, though there’s a notable lack of originality and substance involved with their selections to start off the new year. The two Xbox One picks for the month revolve around the horror genre, though one’s the third sequel in an […]
While many other facets go into the creative process of developing games, a big chunk of making successful ones comes in how a specific title reacts to, improves upon, or straight-up deviates from prior versions of the same concept. All the games offered on the Xbox through their Games With Gold program for the month […]
Most of the time, the titles made available through the Games with Gold program on the Xbox have enough substance and interest to extract at least some compelling talking points about their inclusion. Sometimes, that can be the germ of a unifying theme or subversion of a genre, or perhaps the different games compliment one […]
While the official start date for spring is a few weeks into March, most people associate the turn of the season with the blooming plants, pastel colors, and Easter celebration of April. After a relatively frigid first few months from the Xbox camp, it looks like Microsoft have embraced the spirit of this season by […]